LICENSE FOR MICROSOFT EMBEDDABLE COURSE PLAYER AND CONTENT ACCESSED VIA THE PLAYER
These license terms, including hyperlinked terms incorporated by reference below, are a legal agreement between you (“you”) and Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”) regarding your use of the Microsoft Embeddable Course Player (“Player”) and the training content hosted on the Microsoft Virtual Academy (“MVA”) website that is accessed via the Player (“Content”). Please read them.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE PLAYER OR CONTENT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE PLAYER OR CONTENT.
If you comply with these terms, you have the rights below.
- LICENSE. Microsoft grants to you a non-exclusive, limited, revocable, non-transferable, royalty-free license to (a) publically display the unmodified Player on your website or blog solely to publically display and transmit the Content via the Player, and/or (b) use the Content for personal and non-commercial use.
- MICROSOFT EMBEDDABLE COURSE PLAYER.
CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS.
- You will not use the Player or the streaming of Content to collect or transmit any personally identifiable information from end users.
- You will not sell the Player or Content or directly or indirectly charge any fees to access the Player or Content.
- You will not use the Player or Content in a way that would indicate Microsoft’s sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of you or your products or services.
- You will not post the Player on any website or blog that (i) facilitates, enables, encourages or advocates any illegal activity (infringes any copyright or other right held by a third-party); (ii) contains explicit or obscene content; or (iii) is harmful to others (e.g., contains destructive features such as viruses, communicates hate speech, advocates violence against others, or engages in false or misleading activities, etc.).
- You will maintain and not alter, obscure or remove any copyright, trademark or other protective notices, disclaimers, identifications or branding in or on the Player or Content.
- You may not sell, lease, lend, convey, assign, transfer or sublicense the Player, the Content or this agreement to any third-party.
- Microsoft may delete Content from MVA at any time and without notice.
- This agreement does not grant you rights to use Microsoft’s name, logos, or trademarks.
- The rights granted under this agreement will automatically terminate immediately if you aren’t compliant with any of the terms, including the terms incorporated by reference.
- SCOPE OF LICENSE. The Player and Content are licensed, not sold. Microsoft reserves all other rights not expressly granted by this agreement.
- DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE PLAYER AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS." YOU AND END USERS BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PLAYER AND CONTENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT EXCLUDES THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS. The software may include third party programs that Microsoft, not the third party, licenses to you under this agreement. Notices, if any, for the third party programs are included for your information only.
- EXPORT LAWS. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the Player and Content, which include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. For further information on geographic and export restrictions, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/exporting.
- GOVERNING LAW. This agreement will be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of Washington, USA, without regard to conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement is deemed unenforceable or contrary to law, the rest of this agreement will remain in full effect and interpreted in an enforceable manner that most nearly captures the intent of the original language.